Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Biscuits

Nashville Looses Icon

She didn’t sell records or write songs. She was not a Titan or a Predator. She didn’t star in movies or TV shows though she did do some talk shows and gave Martha Stewart what for. We lost Our Biscuit Lady. That is what she was known as to us The Biscuit Lady. Carol Fay Ellison passed away in a Nashville Hospital at the age of 48 on April 5,2010. Ms. Ellison had worked at Nashville’s Loveless Café since she was a teen.
Those biscuits were the best I have ever eaten in my life. There is nothing quite like them covered in my favorite Peach Preserves. The only thing I think would make those biscuits better would be home made butter. If you want to tell me your Nanna made better biscuits I would have to tell you prove it. I will sure haul you down to the Loveless and let you chow down.
Nashville will miss Carol but not quite as much as her family and her Loveless Family

I think tonight there will be biscuits for dinner

No comments: