Saturday, June 20, 2009

What to keep

I spent a good part of the day cleaning out the garage. I throw out a lot of stuff. I tossed those ever lame teen angst poems I had written. My work book from modeling school and countless other odds and ends. I set aside a number of things for the yard sale. Made a stack of things to bring back into the house and make the ever keep, trash , sell decision on.
The thing I am not sure what to do with are the old cards, letters, and notes from an old boyfriend. I have them all nicely tucked in a box. Do I keep them or let them go? Do I keep the kerosene heater that I have not used in 9 years? What about that medicine cabinet I got out of my grandmother's house that I always intended to use but can't find the right spot for?

What can I let go of? And the things that I can't what is my attachment to them?

No comments: