Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Club

My Book Club is small and eclectic. We are also nuts. My friend Shamus and I started it about 2 years ago and have been through several phases. We went from Book Club to Game Group to Dinner Club to Nothing.

Now we are back again at book club. I have put an add up on Craigs List and I am thinking about Facebook/Myspace. But not sure. We are reading Junot Diaz's Pulitzer Prize winning 'The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao'. You may ask how did you find this book? NPR I do on occasion listen to NPR and though the interview I heard was some time ago I was fascinated. So I picked it. Don't ask me what about the interview fascinated me I have slept many moons since then.

If you are a local yocal come and join us 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. If you are not local but come into town when we meet then come by. Or if you have read a good book please tell me so I can ask my group to read it.

What good book have you read?

Is there something you would like to read?

No comments: