Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Flash Back




Here we are. Kim Murray Fitzwater, ME , and Holly Yarborough Whitehurst. When we met for lunch yesterday it had been 21 years since we had seen each other. These are people from high school. That place we all hated to be. Kim and Holly are both married with kids. Holly is still funny as hell. For that matter so is Kim. We talked about how angry we were then. Mad at the world. Who was where. Who had died. Who we had seen and who we hadn't. As we went through the list I was shocked that I had kept track of a lot of people. I knew where they were. WOW, I surprised myself.

There was a time in my life when I really felt I had no need for the people from high school. But I do. I sure hope I am not the same person I was then. They aren't. I enjoyed it the time went by so quickly.

We just could not get in 21 years in such a short time. These are women I definitely want in my life. I think they would enrich the mixture that is me. Who can I add to the mix next?

No comments: