Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sense of style

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a fashion diva. I have always moved to the beat of my own drum and dressed in what is comfortable. Just because my clothes are out of style does not mean I will get rid of them. Yes, I know that shirt in my closet from middle school in 1984 is not in style but I can wear it under the sweater I still have from middle school. Right? Look I got rid of my sweater dress years ago. If I got rid of all my out of style and out dated clothes I would have wool slacks and silk blouses and some cute little black dresses left. My jeans aren’t even cool as my sister told me. But I suppose it is time to get rid of my 4 pair of stirrup pants. Yes, folks I still have stirrup pants I haven’t worn them but hell I can’t throw shit out. But now I have them in my Good Will stack. Along with all my old sweaters I guess 20 years for a sweater is a little long.
Now don’t get worried I am still going to march to the beat of my own drum dress a little odd have a sense of style that ranges from totally classic to bohemian to what the fuck Who would I be if was totally in style? Not me
But in the new year I will shop for clothes a little more and move to get rid of all my clothes from the 80’s and early 90’s if I get really daring then I will even get rid of the clothes from 6 years ago but don’t hold your breath.

No comments: