Monday, June 19, 2006

If you could...?

I was reading an interview with Kyra Sedgwick and at the end they asked this question: If you could go back in time and give yourself advice -- how far back would you go and what would the advice be? I personally think it is a great question and I have been thinking about it most of the day. I think my life is pretty great everything I have done has made me the person I am today but what would I tell me. What profound lesson do I wish that I would have picked up on sooner?
I might have a few. But for now:

I would return to September of 1989 right before the closest thing I had to a little brother committed suicide. I would tell the then 19 year old me that it is extremely important to tell the people in your life how you feel about them. You should tell them that you Love them everyday/ every time you see them. I remember the long hug goodbye he gave me the last time I saw him , but I don’t know that I remember telling him that I loved him, ever, how he was truly part of my heart. I would tell myself that to late comes way to soon.

Now it’s your turn If you could go back in time and give yourself advice -- how far back would you go and what would the advice be?

No comments: