Friday, November 10, 2006

Beating Hate

I was under no illusions that Tennesseans would allow All Tennesseans to have equal rights. I kind of knew that they would vote to allow The Constitution of the State of Tennessee to be changed BUT I am some what dismayed that it passed by an unbelievable 81.3% that is 1,414,562 Tennesseans who voted for HATE . They voted to hold down other people in the name of God.
This is why I don’t go to church. I believe in a loving and accepting God. Not a vengeful punishing God.
I am ashamed to be a Tennessean and know have total conformation why I will not call myself a Christian. I want nothing to do with them much like I don’t want anything to do with Child Molesters or Murderers.
Vote No still has a movement going and I plan to be involved. I remember asking my parents several times about the Civil Rights Movement. “Why did you let it happen?” I asked. “Well Fran that is just the way things were.” They answered. I am ashamed of them for letting things stay the way they were because that is how things were. I don’t want to give that answer to my children. I find it unacceptable. I will not stand for intolerance in the land of the free. We have set ourselves back years. It is a long fight for Equal Rights. I will not look at the next generation and tell them I did not do anything to stop it.

No comments: