Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hate is Insidious

I have been trying for a few days to gather my thoughts. I wanted to be able to write a letter to Representative Sally Kern, R, OK, with love in my heart. The love you feel for all mankind. Approaching something like what she said any other way would be counterproductive. I am grateful to be a citizen of the United States of America along with the numerous freedoms that comes with that freedom one of those freedoms is the freedom of speech. However, when someone is an elected official there are lines. She has crossed that line. I am of the feeling that it is hate that is the insidious cancer on society today.

I have numerous questions like where are Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton? Had she spoke out about the African-American community that way they would beat down her door. It would be headlines on the news. They would demand that she be forced to resign. Larry King would do a show as I am sure would Oprah. But again we seem to be in a spot where we are accepting discrimination. Now the disbelief that we look back at the lunch counter sit-ins with and wonder why we ever let things get that way. Why would we treat another human like that and think it was ok? Yet somehow we don’t seem to get up in arms when another HUMAN is treated with this kind of flagrant disrespect, just because he or she happens to be a homosexual.

There is no agenda. I have been to meetings and if there is I sure missed something. The fabulous crab dip was not one of them. Yes I have been hit on by women they were unwanted advances I have also been hit on by married business men and so many male drunks I have lost count those were also unwanted advances Where is their lynch mob. Every gay man and woman I know wants one thing LOVE. They want the same things every other citizen of this country wants think what you want for your life and this is what they think about.

Discrimination in any form is not acceptable. Why are we accepting it?

No comments: