Monday, June 13, 2011

ENOUGH

One of my dear sweet beautiful friends finally had enough. Her husband hit her. I don't know all the details and I frankly don't need to know. He had taken her keys and her phone. He had hit her, it was not the first time. I know she was afraid for her life when she was finally able to get to the phone.

He was on parole so when he was picked up on Tuesday he was done. He has been charged with felony domestic assault he is facing 20 to life. They live in Texas. He has called her and "asked" her to drop the charges. Then cried and cried that she is going to leave him like everyone else in his life has when the chips are down. Told her that he loves her and asked her to move to be near him.

She is filing for divorce. I hope she is still filing for divorce.

She is struggling I ask that you think of her and every man, woman and child affected by Domestic Violence each and every day. If you or someone you know is in a Domestic Violence situation you can call 1-800-799-SAFE(7233) For TTY 1-800-787-3224

No comments: